Is This The Correct Fantastic Fan?

moses195

Has anybody installed one of these into a 1993 Winnebago Itasca Spirit? http://www.amazon.com/Fan-Tastic-801250-RV-Roof-Vent/dp/B00IKMWQMK/ref=dp_ob_title_auto.

I have a really cheap fan in the rear that measures 15" x 15" OD on the inside. Here is a pic of it from the top

post-7553-0-84114700-1424742373_thumb.jp

Thanks in advance,

Dana

For some reason, Winnebago (only, AFAIK) decided to stray from the industry standard 14" square vent openings. Their openings have a small radius in the corners 'forcing' you to buy their replacement vents unless you chose to do the minor modification to square off the corners.

So there is no wiring or other stuff there in the radius corners correct? just cut em off?

Why are they so expensive!? I have an old fan in the front of my cabin and bathroom. They are loud and only suck the air out. I wouldn't say they really help reduce the heat. I was tempted to get a new one like this Fan-tastic one. Is it worth it? I have no A/C in my cabin so I was decided whether to install an AC or put a better fan. But it seems they are nearly the same price....

Why would you want a small RV fan to ventilate a cabin? For RVs, the Fantastic fans work great. We've got several fans in our off-grid cabin. All from Walmart and less then $20 each. Hooked to an inverter and battery-bank.

Why are they so expensive!? I have an old fan in the front of my cabin and bathroom. They are loud and only suck the air out. I wouldn't say they really help reduce the heat. I was tempted to get a new one like this Fan-tastic one. Is it worth it? I have no A/C in my cabin so I was decided whether to install an AC or put a better fan. But it seems they are nearly the same price....

I too bought a box fan from walmart, this one had a provision for a 24x24 hvac filter, it is pretty quiet even with the filter, I use it without the filter post of the time.

fantastic fans are expensive cuz they can charge you what ever they want.

This fan is quiet and O2Cool makes another fan that has an adapter and is pretty quiet.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/15522388

I bought a 12v fantastic fan that can be used as a table fan or hung in the inside, I plan to use is this summer in my holiday rambler.