XLH3_ShuttleBus_Cutaways_Strip_Chassis_D

XLhybrids systems are being installed on some of our company service vans.

This is an aftermarket installation which is advertised to take less than six hours to complete.

Braking recharges the battery for later use.

The cost is supposed to be less than 10K US dollars.

Currently available for Ford and Chevy vans.

When I have excess cash, I'd like to be the first on my block with a hybrid Toyhome.

The cost is supposed to be less than 10K US dollars.

Currently available for Ford and Chevy vans.

When I have excess cash, I'd like to be the first on my block with a hybrid Toyhome.

Seems like it would be kind of useless on a Toyota RV. That is unless most of your trips are downhill and you use the brakes an awful lot. How much weight does it all add?

350 lbs. added to a 21 foot Toyota RV is a LOT. And for what possible gain? I will assume a slight increase in MPGs if doing a lot of stop-and-go driving and likely no difference with normal highway cruising. The few factory-made hybrid pickups when NOT working hard got 22 MPG with non-hybrid and 23 MPG with the hybrid tech. No difference when being worked. Not very impressive. A Toyota RV works pretty hard even on a flat highway cruise overcoming all that wind resistance.

I could see it maybe on a pop-top Chinook that is much lighter and has less wind drag.

I'd love to build a Toyota RV that runs on wood-smoke. Something I've been wanting to do but so far, never got around to it.

Old smoky, dry white pine 2,200# per cord. There is a guy that holds the speed record with a wood burning 460 V8 Ford truck at 73 MPH he has several wood fired pickups, says displacement rules.

But 6 cords of wood will weigh more than 350lb! :)

Needs a trailer with the smoker on it to be of much use with something like a Toyota RV. Obviously would not be very practical for normal camping trips. But could be a fun project. I built a smoke-capture setup to run a 17KW electric generator and that works well.