New air-bag suspension kits are around. Are you saying you can't find a place to install for you? Or are you saying you cannot find just the "bags" or air-springs themselves and don't want a new kit.

By the way - got to watch calling them "air-bags" on a few RV sites - even though the people who make them call them that at times. I got thrown off the Yahoo Toyota group after one of the exalted leaders over there tried to correct me for using that term and I refused to acquiesce. Mr. Turtle then quizzed me in an effort to decide if I was worthy to be a member - and I failed the personality test.

New air-bag suspension kits are around. Are you saying you can't find a place to install for you? Or are you saying you cannot find just the "bags" or air-springs themselves and don't want a new kit.

By the way - got to watch calling them "air-bags" on a few RV sites - even though the people who make them call them that at times. I got thrown off the Yahoo Toyota group after one of the exalted leaders over there tried to correct me for using that term and I refused to acquiesce. Mr. Turtle then quizzed me in an effort to decide if I was worthy to be a member - and I failed the personality test.

I think Yahoo groups fail the "I want to be a member" sniff test; I have refused to go on anything of theirs after they hired a "Stolen Academic Valor" CEO. if the head of a company lies about degrees and its board allows it, then I really have no confidence in the site, its people or policies for they have crowned a liar as king.

Being banned for participating in a site discussion with civility is one thing, but censorship is another. It used to bug me that this site banned political opinions, but I think in the end, those that made the policy know they ultimately removed freedom in favor of civility. The power of freedom demands the respect of difference, opine and personal preference. The problem is when those that wield power bow to social plurality, rewarding only like minded posts and shunning others. Since most humans cannot do this in the end without bias the simpler alternative is to ban; although its the cowards way out and leads to the cover up of ideas and opportunity to see alternative points of view. In communism, dissent and opinion belong only to the state; the nameless citizens are only allowed to do what they are told and in progressiveness the "politically correct" mandate not to offend is tantamount to ones ability to have the ability to offend. The art of freedom is walking that fine line where people can have an opinion, but not curse, threaten or swear. when it devolves into the name calling, cursing or vitriol the discussion has lost its value. How Sad that in todays age most people easily if not wantonly descend every time even over something as simple as an air bag or fire arm magazine.

I think Yahoo groups fail the "I want to be a member" sniff test;

Hopefully posting this does not get me banned here. But if it does - then I guess I don't want to be here anyway.

Many Web-forums get a set of "regulars" that at times act like it is only their comments that count for anything. Note I did not say "all" forums. I've been attending a few since the WWW and Internet were invented and never had a problem. I find that on highly technical forums – this emotional stuff just about never occurs. On less technical forums – it runs rampant.

The problem at the Toyota-Yahoo place, with me - happened like this. I was discussing air-bag suspension parts with someone and then . . someone else jumped on my case saying I was "incorrect" and they are NEVER to be called "airbags." The claim was by this person that the correct term was "air spring." I then posted some printed literature from the companies that make and sell "air springs" or "air bags" . . showing in that OEM literature that even THEY call them air-bags as well as air-springs Well - that's when my "banning" began. I had the nerve to defend a statement I'd made, as true, with accurate facts.

So Mr. Turtle turned it around and acted as though I was the one that was mean-spirited. He refused to tell me what it was that I had actually said that was so bad. After a few emails back and forth, I was banned.

Even a lady (moderator I assume) on this forum - sent me a private message telling me what a "nasty mean man" I am. She sent me this June 24, 2014 after a guy on this place got upset with me. Real nice!

“**** was right about why you got canned from the Toyota group. Yes I know that for a fact. So your a nasty mean man in person too. Glad I live far away. Your membership on all of these groups is by our permission and it can be ended at any time. Warnings and explanations seem to have no effect on you. If you want off just freaking leave”

Here’s the email interchange between me and Mr. Turtle that got me thrown off, out, or whatever.

Hello,

Your membership under the account ********@yahoo.com was suspended due to inappropriate comments that were made.

We see that you have signed up again using this email account ********@millenicom.com

Your posts are piling up in the moderation queue and have not been approved because your original account was suspended.

The owners and moderators wish to know what your intentions are with your new membership in our group. Can you tell us a little about yourself and why you wish to participate in the toyota-campers yahoo group to help us decide whether to approve your new account membership?

turtle (co-owner toyota-campers yahoo group)

I did not make any comments that are "inappropriate" according to the written guidelines. Since you . . or somebody else feels otherwise - please show me exactly what comment or comments you are addressing. If the methodology at the usergroup is to disallow posting of fact-based specs that differ with someone else's - then I would no longer want to participate anyway. Please clarify.

My membership is not "new." There were a few days I could not get into the group and did know know what the issue was. So I just signed up again with a new ID. I never received any notice of any problem with anything I'd posted until right now. In regard to my interest in general? I own four Toyota RVs, I ran an auto-repair business and small machine shop, have 40 years experience as a mechanic, and I attend several forums to share info (hopefully a two-way street).

You say I have several responses that have "piled up" and have been read by moderators? If that is the case - did they find issue with the content of any of them? If not - and they are fact based - and I took the time out of my day to write them - to aid someone else - I deem the way they are being handled as "inappropriate." What is the actual purpose of the usergroup/forum if this is the way targetted people are treated? Again - I haven't even a hint as to what I posted that has been regarded as "inappropriate."

From Mr.Turtle 4/30/2014

Hi John,

The post was deleted/removed and there is no way to "resurrect it"

We try to run a very cordial group and ask members to deal with each other in a pleasant way. We ask all members to adhere to this or to find another place to interact.

Everyone in the group is here to enjoy themselves, share their knowledge, and ask for help when they need it.

If you feel that you cannot help someone without talking down to them or in any other way act in a disparaging manner maybe toyota-campers is not the place you want to spend your time.

I've approved the posts you have previously made that were in the moderation queue but your account will remain on moderation. Your comments to the group will be reviewed by the owners and moderators before being approved.

turtle (co-owner toyota-campers yahoo group)

From Me: 4/30/2014

If you have people administering the group that are so childish that they will "gang up" on someone, condemn him (I.e. me) - then I want nothing to do with the group. You - just digitally stated to me . . " If you feel that you cannot help someone without talking down to them or in any other way act in a disparaging manner " . . . What specifically does that mean? What is your comment a reference to? Show me even ONE example where I made things personal, or used "disparaging" language, etc. towards any individual. It sounds to me that the group is run . . or dominated by a few elite and the rest had better conform. Sounds like you'd rather have more of an on-line social-club rather then a gathering place for technical information and/or actual experiences with Toyota motorhomes. Note that I HAVE been personally disparaged a few times on several groups including the Toyota Chinook and Motorhomes groups. Especially by people who post incorrect technical info and I post data that does not agree with their's. Is that what you are calling "talking down" to someone? I am 61 years old . . not a child in school who got his feelings hurt . . and just tend to ignore such behavior when pointed towards me. At least when it comes from an occasional group user. But when this sort of thing comes from administrators and/or moderators? Then I think the group is in serious trouble and yes . . . as you stated - not for me. It is a shame that you want to chase away people who have technical expertise. I know you have a few, but not many.

I will note that I received several personal emails from people who regularly use the group and they (three people) told me that saw absolutely nothing I'd ever posted that was out of line. You say otherwise. Yet - you refuse to refer to even one example? What a world this would be if all society was run this way!

This is a private group open by invitation.

You have been banned with this user name also.

Please do not return.

Note I WAS there by "invitation" as you put it. I see you are unable to come up with even a single example of my bad behavior - yet I am "banned." Probably a good thing. Your behavior is a great example of what happens when a little bit of power is given to the wrong people. It appears obvious to me that your group is not really about tech info on Toyota RVs. It is more of a social club with a pecking order not to be challenged. Hope you are now proud of yourself. I think you really need to do some soul-searching.

JDE,

I enjoy reading your posts and regretted when they disappeared off the Yahoo site.

I've picked up quite a bit of useful knowledge as well as interesting trivia from your posts on both sites.

Please continue to post on the toyotamotorhome site.

Thanks,

Marc