Review Of The Wfco Parallax Replacement Kit

whyverne14

Well I installed the WFCO Parallax Replacement Kit over a month ago and these are my thoughts so far. The old Parallax in the 1986 Dolphin was not charging the battery at all. I read about all the different options and realized that there were better and slightly cheaper ways to go rather than using the Replacement Kit, but being old/lazy/busy; I decided to go with the easy direct swap.

You can always find something on the Internet to scare you and I did read a post somewhere that the WFCO would never put out 14.4 volts. I've found that not to be true. I sometimes get the 14.4 volts reading and it seems to happen when it should, when the battery is right around full. You need that extra oomph to pump in that last 10% or so of charge. I don't know how it knows to do that but I'm happy that it does.

So I'm satisfied with my swap. I'm a nerd and I've read everything that I can on the subject of batteries and charging and I've come to the conclusion that it's not Rocket Science. No, it's much harder than that; more like Quantum Physics. There are so many differing opinions!

haha, no I am hard at "work" right now. Green Mountain Coffee supplies us with "the best" technological advancements. Anyway... no speakers. So what is that pipe for?

Any pictures of the install process or pictures of the final result?

No, everything was easy even for a klutz like me and it all looks the same as when I started.