Selector Knob On Fridge...broken?

Debbit

The knob on my fridge where you select between elect, gas and 12v used to be very hard to turn. Now it isn't, it almost feels like it is free turning in there somewhere. And the fridge won't light and it used to light first try. I suspect some connection broke and the knob isn't selecting gas. Waaaa

We were just finally going to be going out on a long wandering camping trip :-(

The knob on my fridge where you select between elect, gas and 12v used to be very hard to turn. Now it isn't, it almost feels like it is free turning in there somewhere. And the fridge won't light and it used to light first try. I suspect some connection broke and the knob isn't selecting gas. Waaaa

We were just finally going to be going out on a long wandering camping trip :-(

I'm guessing it won't light because it's stuck on electric or 12 volt. There are manuals somewhere on this site but I can never find them. Derek finds everything. The best place for parts with diagrams is here

Kind of complicated. you go to their online parts and then follow the drop down menu

http://www.pplmotorhomes.com/parts/rv-refrigerators/rv-refrigerator-parts.htm

Linda S

Thanks, but I have the manual, but the exploded view looks....well, complicated. Beyond me. In the light of day, we will look at the parts it shows. We have taken fridges out and I hate it. I just am wishing for a magic wand, I guess!

• 3 weeks later...

Update on this: the selector is indeed broken somewhere inside. I took it to a local RV place and the guy there showed me the position of the valve that would select gas. This is on the outside. Fridge lights and gets cold, so this is a fix for when camping. It is inconvenient, and unless it involves taking the fridge out, I'd like to get it fixed.

Our fridge usually blows out, so I'd like to be able to turn it to 12v before we drive. Also, I'm very nervous about parking it level while it is lit, so got to think of a few more ideas.

Kind of like this?

http://www.uptv.com/blog/uplifting-video-dog-sunroof-breeze

At least the camera and wind part.......

We had saved the other fridge from the dolphin, and dragged it out of the shed. Ah ha! The part that is missing on the sunrader is on the old dolphin fridge. So we have the part that hopefully will shield the flame. The other issue could be the new plastic vent door. Maybe the vents in the door are just at the wrong place.

I suspect we will just live with the broken selector rod/dial.

The fridge on the sunrader has so much of a rubbery calk/adhesive all over the seams of it, it looks like it is immovable.