I have to go up the hill I live on in 1st all the way up. I stop at a sign and shift the automatic into low. Lately it goes into 2 nd and I have to go to park or neutral and move the steering shifter arm fast and hard to get it into low. Looked at the linkage under the hood and the shaft the shifter arm rotates is attached to an arm which is attached to a threaded rod with jamnuts on each side of the threads. It seems to me I just have to shift the jamnuts a bit to get the rod to move more towards first gear.

The book I have doesn't cover this nor any of the many docks I've gotten here from this board. Mostly are cable systems, my shifter is all arms and shafts seems.

I thought I would ask here first before doing anything.:)

john

The other thread s for a 22r engine.

I have had a '92 V6 & now have a '93 V6. Neither like being manually put into first gear. They both seemed to do when pointed downhill better than uphill. In the 92 I felt that the shifter was hitting something mechanical - maybe the exhaust piping.

In any case, if you are wanting first gear you could (should be able to) get it by flooring the accelerator. If you are trying to keep in in first without high rpm's you would find manual 1st useful. I would suggest the ETC button for sure.

How many miles on yours? Ours had 83k on it to start with and it did not do do this. Now have 94k and it has been gradually getting more pronounced.

I am stopped and level when selecting low for the climb up.

john

Figured it out.
When you first pull it down the 2 gear lite goes out but the low gear lite doesn't come on but if you just hold it there for a bit the lite comes on it's in low and stays there. Still I think I will tweak those jamnuts just a tad and see how that works.
john

man oh man, this is a magic site....my '93 Sea Breeze just started resisting going into Low.

i am camped near bottom of a steep New Mexico canyon and wondering if the Yote can climb out in 2nd.

this will help and hope there is a more permanent fix I can do when this 1/2 circumnavigation is over next month.

thanks

MikeMc