Is my screen door missing a peice?

johnkimble

I have just purchased a new one of those sliding plastic units recently after repairing new screen on my screen door and looking at your 2nd and 3rd pics, it looks to me that your plastic sliding door is broken.. it is not supposed to have an open gap like that, it is supposed to completely close off all holes. I purchased a new one for only $12.99 and to make things better, it is clear rather than brown so it provides more visibility.

it is not supposed to have an open gap like that, it is supposed to completely close off all holes. I purchased a new one for only $12.99 and to make things better,

My old one had a gap like that and my brand new one had a gap like that. Am I missing something? I got it at the local RV dealer. Maybe I should have gone to camping world, but that is another hour away.

Oh, I know what the deal is after looking at my own last night, I apologize, there is indeed a gap. However, there is a metal door handle piece that screws on which completely covers that cap and is used to pull the door closed from the inside when your only closing the screen, so that would be the piece you seem to be missing.

Let me know if you'd like for me to take a picture or 2 of mine if it would help..

Edited by 85Seabreeze

Let me know if you'd like for me to take a picture or 2 of mine if it would help..

think that would help cause I need to know what to look for. Just so it does not interfere with my new clear plastic storm windows!