New owner of 1985 Dolphin having a difficult time finding a shop ( other than dealer ) willing to do repair and maintenance on my RV . Anyone know of a reputable shop ?

Mechanical or RV stuff. One of the members of another group I belong to has always relied on this guy for mechanical work and he comes to your house. Sorry I don't have more info just the phone number.

Gary - 408-648-3600

Guy who referred him is Larry in Sunnyvale and Gary is based in San Jose.

Another friend was referred to this place by Marlin crawler. He hasn't had any work done yet but a referral by Marlin is top flight. They are very busy though and work can take some time. He does work on toyhomes though.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/toy-connection-santa-clara

For the RV stuff tell me what you need and some of it I can do. If you want a professional I totally understand and I would go no place but this. Prices in their parts department are cheaper than online and they are really nice guys

http://alliedtrailersupply.com/

Linda S

Thank you Linda. I appreciate the info. Will check these guys out.

Really would help to know what you need done. Lots of stuff is so simple and I could fix it in a heartbeat for nothing. No matter what it is you always get a better price when you go into the repair place with knowledge. That's what we are here for.

Linda

Yeah that's what I was getting at...I was just (and sort of still am) in the bay area and I can do some things, here and there.

But your privacy is your own decision, so disclose only what you like; no problem.

Good luck!

• 2 weeks later...

I am a new owner in the SF area as well! I found this site and plan on visiting the physical location sometime in the near future to get a replacement skylight. Seems like they're a one stop shop and have the know how for nearly any maintenance that may need to be done and are within the bay area!

http://www.idealrvandtrailer.com/

Skylight or roof vent. If it's just the roof vent you can buy one on ebay and put it in yourself in no time. I have done several. I am also near you if you want some pointers.

If it's a skylight post a pic. None of these are very complicated to replace and Ideal charges $90 an hour labor.

Linda S

It's just the skylight, which I plan on buying and replacing myself. I would just go there, or online to buy the skylight, not have them install it. I've worked in construction and repairs for many years of my life. A few screws is easy cheezy.

Just throwing out some bay area repair options to the topic starter. May check out Ideal just to see what kinds of goodies they have.

It's just the skylight, which I plan on buying and replacing myself. I would just go there, or online to buy the skylight, not have them install it. I've worked in construction and repairs for many years of my life. A few screws is easy cheezy.

Just throwing out some bay area repair options to the topic starter. May check out Ideal just to see what kinds of goodies they have.

Make sure you get butyl tape for the install.

Linda S