The air ride bags on my 1994 Itasca Spirit apparently are leaking. The valve stems for both bags are located inside the left rear wheel well. I used the usual detection method--a spray bottle of soapy water--to look for the leak. Sprayed both valve stems and both air bags. No bubbles could be seen but I was doing this while crawling around under the MH so I could not always get a good look. Man, those things are low. I could not check the line running from the valve stem to the right side air bag because it ran through a protective tube.I don't think that would be the source of the leak since both bags seem to lose air at about the same rate. Does anyone know a better way to find the leak? And how long do air bags typically last? The bags are original equipment, meaning they are 20 years old.

I had thought of the air sealant suggestion but so far have hesitated to try it. Since the valve stems for both bags are on the left side rear wheel well--with a tube running underneath the coach to the left side bag--if wondered it was possible for the sealant to travel that far without clogging up the line. Has anyone really tried it with success? I'll take the risk as a last resort only if I decide that the bag will have to be replaced. Thanks for the advise.

You should probably blow up the bags to max pressure when your under there checking. Room to see and possibly more air coming out. I don't quite understand how both bags could be leaking at the same rate. Two completely separate systems there and the likely hood of exact same size holes in both places seem strange. I use a little 12 volt air compressor to inflate my air bags. No driving to a gas station with super low bags that might cause more damage. You also need to determine what air bags you have installed so you can price replacement bags if you need them

Linda S