Cooling System

bvsajjan

I have a 1991 Toyota Odysey Motorhome w/ 6cyl. auto trans... I have an overheating problem... now is slight but don't want to wait until it leaves me stranded... any suggestons....there is no leaks from coolant or water from radiator and fan is moving well ....????

Thank for your advice and help!

Hello, If you are unsure about the last time the coolant was flushed, I would start with that.

There are products that will do a week flush (one drains the coolant, refills with water and the flush product)

and take easy drives with it over a week's time. This might help clean up the cooling system better

than the 30 minute flush products. Another option is take it to a shop that has a true flush machine, lots

of place state they flush the cooling system and it turns out to be just draining it.

Another issue is that your themostat might not be working as it should, that is it might be openning too

late (at hotter temps than it should), or not fully openning. If you get a new one, test it out first, you would not

be the first one to purchase a detective themostat. To test it, put it in a pot of water on the stove with a

cooking thermometer and it should open with 5 to 10 seconds once you hit its rated temperature.

Dennis...

1990 Odyssey