Over The Cab Window Replacement

darrel

I had to fix a broken window located over the cab. Turned out the seal was no good. Was able to get a new seal from WWW.winnebagoparts.com which is "Mobility RV INC," 800-933-7742. The seal is $1.90 per foot plus shipping. I ordered 13 feet got 15 feet for about $40 dollars. It arrived within a week. Now installing it is more work. You have to measure, cut, and weld the ends together. I used a flat blade on my soldering gun. Practice a few times and it works. Installed Lexan plastic 1/8" thick. Also used butyl rubber tape on the outside flange. It does not leak. Yes I posted about this broken window before. Went through two glass companys and ended up doing it myself. Wish a person could get good ..............

post-1172-0-19457900-1395024721_thumb.jp

post-1172-0-57079100-1395024751_thumb.jp

post-1172-0-37337400-1395024951_thumb.jp

Great Post. Thanks for the link to the gasket.

I did the same thing on an old Sunrader I had, with the lexan / plexiglass. Only downside is that it scratches easily and you will have to forever be carefull about cleaning, but way better than most glass companies.

Paper towels will make tiny scratches, use cloth!

Yes it scratches, if fact there is numerous scratches just on the install. Don't really care because we have it covered with bubble wrap-black out all the time. Like to sleep in the dark. I didn't want it to get hit with a rock again and break.