North West Prices For Something Decent?

runfromturtles

What is a fair price to pay for late 80's in decent condition? (no leaks, good tires, running, everything works) Anytime something pops up it is sold in less than a day. I have missed out on 3 motorhomes in the past month (under the 4k mark). I have been searching all through the winter but almost nothing decent came up for sale in my area. The decent ones sell like hot cakes.

The range of prices are pretty crazy, starting around $3,000 going upwards of $10,000. I used to hold out for a sunrader, but now i'll settle for anything, however I feel the popularity is rising and they are becoming more rare. Wish I had purchased one last year when they were in abundance.

84 short Sunrader listed for 9k right now...insane.

Anyone have some tips, like how to get e-mail notifications on craigslist? I check once or twice a day, but you really have to respond within an hour now days to get that hot deal.

I should have paid 5 grand in the Bay Area of Calif. for my 85 Dolphin but as you say I was looking for months for a 4 speed/rear dinette/ 22r motor and so $6,500 got me one that I take ownership May 2nd!

Did you look on this web sites sales area, good deals,...........Tom

I guess i'm still too picky, I passed up on a nice sunrader for a good price (wrong layout) :( Looks like someone bought it for 4500 and is flipping it for 9k. Another really nice nissan hard body got bought real fast and was back on craigslist the next day at double the price. Lots of flipping going on.

I ended up buying a sunrader for $500 last year and it was a total loss rust bucket. (Only because they miss spelled sunrader) I did learn some lessons that sunraders are NOT moisture proof :) The floor very much can rot and replacing a sunrader floor is near impossible due to the fiberglass sandwiched into it. (Unless you're experienced DYI)

I feel if i'm going to pay over $6000, it better not have a blue tarp over it!!! I see lots of "moisture damage", "needs TLC", for over 6k....I mean really, it's going to cost mega bucks to repair that stuff. People think their crap is treasure. On and because your tires have good tread does not mean they are "like new"...grrrr

Someday, i'll be going on my road trip vacation....

Maybe it's not so bad to be picky.

Ours had needed so much, and it's not yet finished. Don't think it will ever be. Hopefully most of the expensive stuff is now complete, I'm into it for 14,500 $ in reciepts for major work above what we bought it for, not including several thousand at Camping World or any of the endless trips to the local hardware, marine, and auto parts stores. Now the Onan has died, again.

I have been able to do a lot of it myself, shudder to think how much it'd cost to pay someone to do it all.

It's all about the condition it's in, be picky.

john

there is a winnibago on the for sale list on here in ancortes wash kind of steep price maybe they would go down.lots of picts and info.