I Just Bought A Itasca Spirit Mini Winnie Here In Fl! Can't Find The Gas Switch!

TikiShack

I am the proud owner of a California no rust, beaming baby blue interior, 1992 Itasca Mini Winnie, with exterior shower and owned by neat freaks in great shape. Everything works! Except the gas appliances. My Pace arrow had a switch that prevented power to go to the appliances while refueling. I searched high and low, but couldn't find such a switch. The gas was on, but no smell of gas at the stove, furnace, water heater or fridge. Dial gauge on horizontal tank shows 3/8 tank. The book of literature that came with the vehicle contained nothing I could find about a master on off gas switch or electrical safety solenoid. Thoughts???

Thanks in Advance to all, and I can't wait to drill down through this meaty forum!!!!

Hi and congratulations on your new Toy. We also have a '92 Spirit and love it! No master gas cutoff switch except for the valve on the main tank. Suggest you disconnect the pressure regulator from the POL valve and see if you have gas pressure. Regulator may need to be cleaned or replaced. Trace your gas supply lines from the source to see if you have a blockage somewhere. If you are mechanically challenged where LP is concerned, perhaps a professional check out is in order. Hope you enjoy your new Toyhome!

Tiki,

To chime in a little with Toybox, you may wish to drive your rig over to an official propane dealer. You know the type of place, that has large and small propane bottles all over the place. A place like that will not only be able to test your regulator for free, but even sell you and install it for you (if you need help) for a real low cost. And, if your problem happens to be something other than a regulator, a good propane dealer should be able to help you find the problem.

I went to exactly that type of a propane dealer and had a custom made propane hose made for me (for something else I was working on). The folks were fast, professional and very inexpensive.

~Riverman77

I have a 93 winnie too. The only shuoffs I have are the main shutoff at the LP tank & a shutoff at the furnace.

You might consider going to a propane fill place & have the tank filled - that would be the easiest thing to do - if the gauge is stuck or such you will find out quickly.

You can also open the bleed valve - next to the fill port on the tank - this unscrews - it is unscrewed during filling - if the 80% full auto shutoff does not flip then liquid propane will come out - cue to stop filling! If there really is propane in there you should get a hissing noise when opened as propane gas escapes.

Before using any gas appliances I light a burner on the stove - there is a delay as fresh propane comes up thru the line.