Getting There

Debbit

Still waiting for the grey water tank we ordered, but it should be here soon. And last week, bought a new dometic fridge. We took a trip to CA in our car, but was checking out places to stay and best routes to take for the trip when we take the dolphin!!

I was relieved to see most RVs on the road seemed to be traveling much slower than the cars. I think the trailer speed limit?

I generally travel at 55 to 60 mph to save on gas. When I pulled a pop-up camper with my Chevy Caprice my mileage at 55 mph was 16 mpg and at 65 I got about 12 mpg. I have not tried 65 mph with the MH because I don't like driving with my foot that close to the floor.

If I am driving 2 lane roads, I pull over if anyone is behind me for any length of time. You will occassionally get a bozo that waves with one finger as they go by, but aggressive driving is their problem not mine.

Yes. Since we used to take all our road trips in a VW westfalia, I am very familiar with the attitude of wound up, in-a-hurry to get nowhere drivers. I don't mind slowing down, not at all. I have just done the math from our trip, which probably belongs in "general", so will post it there.

Still waiting for the grey water tank we ordered, but it should be here soon. And last week, bought a new dometic fridge. We took a trip to CA in our car, but was checking out places to stay and best routes to take for the trip when we take the dolphin!!

I was relieved to see most RVs on the road seemed to be traveling much slower than the cars. I think the trailer speed limit?

Anything getting less than 10mpg is going slower these days. Even here in Wy the days of 75 mph 18 wheelers are past,

There's independents who haven't figured it out yet. But the company truck are running at 65-68 or so on the interstates. Secondary road speed limit is 65mph and the trucks run the same 65-68 on them :omg: . The trucks from Swift are now running at 62mph and make a great drafting partner if you don't mind a little buffeting. :rolleyes: . It sure is different when one of them drafts you

Noticed that on I-5 last month, some still fast but most going around 60. Tie-ups when one is passing another at a few mph more, stacks up the left lane with cars. I am going faster than most all the trucks but much slower than the cars. Especially on the way back, I'm careful not to get it too close to the floor and thought the weather was worse than it really was as when I got home discovered they had reversed the floormats, which cost me over 1/2 inch throttle pedal travel. I put it to the floor to see where I was and then backed off, tach and vacuum gages on the list, the evergrowing list. :)

john

Yup about the stackups.

Most of the companies have full time GPS monitoring of their trucks. The system will send out a nannygram to the boss if the truck goes much faster than the company speed limit.