Took Sunrader to the muffler shop today to have the tailpipe from the muffler replaced. Old tailpipe had a sharp bend and did not want any airflow restrictions. Shop total $53

post-4138-0-27699500-1384984532_thumb.jp

post-4138-0-91770100-1384984563_thumb.jp

post-4138-0-01184800-1384984597_thumb.jp

post-4138-0-53286600-1384984630_thumb.jp

• 2 weeks later...

Looks nice! How much do you think it would have cost if you had to have them put on a new muffler too? Mine's rusted all the way up and I'm afraid the local shop is gonna gouge me!

The shop I deal with would install what ever muffler I took them, it is a small mom and pop shop everyone uses in our small town. I would shop ebay or Auto zone for the best price then look for a small family own bus.

Ah thats such a good idea! I could just tell them that someone gave me the part as a gift. Some places have such crazy markups.... but rockauto has a muffler for $29! Supposedly fits a "82 toyota pickup" so we'll see! Thanks for the tip!

Hi

looks good. what diameter pipe do you have fitted. my v6 looks to have a much smaller diameter pipe. my tail pipe runs from drivers side to passenger side on a diagonal.

@ Chef Dave, the tail pipe installed was 2". Runs on the driver side straight back. Nissan Sunrader.

Thanks Roy

the reason for diagonal is grey water tank.

mine is 1 3/4 inches in diameter. ummm maybe time to upgrade as my only silencer has a small leak. Will make up my own system using old one as a pattern. Only one exhaust place up here in far north of scotland. plenty of owner mechanic garages to get it welded.