Toilet wont flush

Dolphina

Hi all. I've been on the road for a month now and all at once my toilet (Thetford Galaxy) wont flush, the water is not coming in when I step on the pedal. I am getting water to the sinks on both city and holding tank and on battery and shorepower. Anyone know what might be the problem (before I pull it out)?

Thanks!

Sue

UPDATE: Well, at the risk of exposing myself as a newbie, and a not-too-bright one at that, here's what happened: I pulled in at a friend's house after 8 hours on the road and wanted to add water to my waste tanks so I just hooked up to my friend's garden hose (I know, bad idea). Toilet immediately didn't work.....hmmm? Pulled the toilet today and flushed a FROG carcass out of the water line. Good news is that the toilet works fine, bad news is I've emptied the Clorox shelf at WalMart.

PS: I've also decided to go ahead and upgrade to a high rise toilet while I've got the old one out, my knees just aren't what they used to be.

Thanks again, Linda!

Edited by Dolphina

I don't have a pedal toilet but I did some looking online for problems for yours. So are you saying the drain opens but no water comes out. If so you can just pour some water from your sink into it to flush it for now. Judging by the number of replacement pedal mechanism's for sale on ebay, I'm guessing that is your problem. Trouble is they cost almost as much as a new toilet. I would just use a pitcher of water from the sink while I searched around for a good deal on a new toilet. If the drain isn't opening either you will need to find one sooner.

Linda S