84 Odyssey interior lights went out, can't find fuse

scott50cal

so I tried turning on the light over my sink and it wouldn't turn on. I turned on the light over the oven that's combined with the fan and then turned another light on across the other side. The lights worked all night until I tried to see if the light that wouldn't turn on was burnt out. When I turned it all the lights went out including the exterior light by the door and the fan and light over the oven. I looked under the sink and found 3 fuses and to Breakers but the fuses look fine and I check the breakers. The bulb wasn't burnt out could the fixture be bad and make the others not work? or could I be missing another fuse that's somewhere?

Trying to guess electrical problems over the net results in the wrong answer so many times. If your going to own a 20 year old MH then get a cheap volt meter and learn how to use it. Using a VM is a LONG way from rocket science.

What will take days to on the net to talk about takes minutes with a meter.

You should use what is called the half split trouble shooting method. Check source (battery), check light socket.... Battery good, socket bad. Check half way in-between. Power panel in then power panel out. Until you found the problem. Always work back to the good.

P.S. Bad splices connectors are VERY common on old MHs, most of the time the connector is a Scotch Lock crimp on splice. Drop the light fixture and check the power leads and splices with a meter. Learn to solider and use heat shrink when doing any repair work.

yeah I haven't tried testing anything yet. I was just wondering if there was maybe a common problem that someone knew about. My fluke meter is in storage and I haven't run up to harbor freight for cheap one yet. Seems to be a million wires running into the power converter. I hope its not at the converter. something tells me I'm going to have to tear the whole interior of that thing apart. I'm probably better off paying the hundred dollars an hour for an electrician. I'll check the fuses by putting new ones in for now. I don't know if those are in parallel or series it would make sense if they we're in parallel and the socket went bad. but then how was it the lights worked when that one didn't at first while I had the others on that's what confuses me. hopefully it's one of those three fuses and not one that's hiding somewhere.