New Spare Tire

bufbooth

Picked up a new spare tire today...a Hankook RA08 195R14 Load Range D from Discount Tire...they did not have any in stock

but was able to order directly from Hankook (out of Chicago). It was ordered on Monday afternoon, and had it mounted by noon today.

nice but the 195r14 might be larger than the tires on your motorhome.

most have 185r14

if the middle ratio is missing it means 75. that means its..... larger. in a spare tire situation its going to be fine

I have a 1990 Odyssey, the stock tire size was 195R14.

When I purchased it 8 years ago it had 3 two year old Goodyear Wranger HT 185R14 load range C on it,

two different brands for the other three tires of the same size, and another brand of the same size but 16 years old.

At that time the three non-Goodyears were cracking badly so I replaced them with new Goodyear 185R14s.

After 8 years of service and about 25,000 miles, three of the

rear tires start cracking so I replaced all the rears with the Hankook RA08 195R14 LR-D and kept the Goodyears

on the front and made one the spare. Soon after that I realized that the Hankooks were a good 1 inch taller

than the Goodyears and thought I might have issues if I ever had to put the Goodyear spare tire on one

of the rear Duellies, so that is why I just purchased the Hankook as a spare, that is it will exactly match

the current tires in the rear and will still work for me as a spare for the front.

My rear axle weights 4,000lbs and the front weights 2400lbs. The Hankooks as duellies have a 1,984 capacity

and the Goodyears have 1,800 capacity. So my rear capacity is double and the front is 50% more. When it

is time to replace the front tires, I will go with Hankooks.

Dennis...

Whats the circumference of the 185 vs the 195? (Hankook)

I have 185s on mine, and the speedo reads about 10% high. i.e. it reads 60 and I'm doing 55.

John Mc

88 Dolphin 4 Auto

Ok then its 82. So the height of oneis 82 percent of 195 and thr height of the other is 82 percent of 185.

So if anyone has time pull outthe calculator its actually pretty small. I suppose it worksfine if you keep the axels the same height although you cant rotate correctly. Using the wrong height on the same axel will definitely chew through your tires.