Clearance light wiring question

ronbon

I started to replace the clearance lights on my '89 Warrior and discovered new lights only have 1 black wire, but old lights had black and white. Do I just hook the black to the black coming out of hole and cap off the white? I'm pretty handy about most things, but a total idiot when it comes to electrical, so I'm sure I'll have many more questions as I work re-hab my new toy.

Thanks!

Your new lights probably rely on whatever your mounting them to complete the circuit.

Connect to either wire (I'm guessing the white wire, as I recall hot and neutral wire colors are backwards for DC), then use a small jumper to touch the base of the light to a good metal on the truck.

JOhn Mc

88 Dolphin 4 Auto

On my 91 Warrior I hooked one wire (purple) to the one coming with the new fixture. The other one I wrapped around one of the screws that mount the fixture to the fiberglass. Pictures are in my folder Skydancer's Warrior on the Yahoo site Toyota Campers site.

You will need a 2 wire light or a connection to the base there is not much if any ground path on an RV wood frame work, fiberglass, etc.Usually RV are black hot white ground but there are some that don't follow that convention. I had to solder ground wires on mine when I replaced them.