I just bought my 1st RV

Hello everybody,

Today i bought my very first RV for $1800. I think it is a 1986 toyota mini cruiser. But it has no owner's manuals and from the info on this site there seems to be alot of sub variations. I will take some more pictures later. Also it seems to have had some roof leaks in the past and repaired. But it does have water damage on the inside. Is there something quick and cheap I can do to make this livable? Any leads to find more info on this baby would be greatly appreciated.Thanks.

post-1037-1185669203_thumb.jpg

Congrats on the Toy. You made a good deal if it runs well. I gave about $800 for a 79. Toy Check to see what works and what doesn't , so yours is about 8 years newer and has to be in better shape than mine was. If it leaks get a good tarp to cover it. Then just repair items as needed or is the priority!

If it leaks get a good tarp to cover it.

Tarps are not water proof. You need to put on a sheet of builders plastic (heavy plastic vapor barrier) then cover that with the tarp. The tarp will keep the plastic from deteriorating from sunlight and the plastic will not leak as it is not porous like a tarp.

The best thing to use is an adco tyvek cover

http://www.adcoprod.com/tyvek.htm

I've used these for years but if you are just covering overnight or during a rain storm the plastic/tarp method is much quicker and easier to get on and off.

Hey does it have a 4 cyl. and 4 spd. shower/ toilet ? If you get tired of it let me know. I'll be looking for another Toy next year. I should have the one i have ready to go camping come sept. If mine was worth saving, i would pull coach off of the no frame or supports. I'd put alum. sq. tubing and go from there.