Does anyone here know how to play the harmonica

gr8white

I have been wanting to learn how to play the Harmonica for as long as I can remember. Especially blues.The problem is I have no teachers around me and every time I look online I get data telling me to go in so many different directions and I don't know where to start. I own a Huang Star performer bb and c harp. Can anyone help or point me in the right direction? I always had dreams of sitting in the woods or in the dessert next to my Motor home (hopefully the next one won't get burnt down) playing the harmonica. If you could help me get started by pointing me in the right direction, it would be greatly appreciated.

gr8white,

Google Jerry Portnoy. He's an old friend of mine that toured with Muddy Waters and Eric Clapton and, obviously, he's some good. He has an instruction course available. Tell him John Jamieson says hello...

John

excellent! Thanks John!

Harmonicas are great, easy to carry (unless you plan to play with others, then you need a big pile of the things, like every key!) I have a problem playing now, my big black shepard/husky cross immediately runs over and starts singing/howling along! It's amazing how often he's in key and tempo, but so funny and loud I can't hear myself and usually start laughing too hard to play.

Steve