Shur flo won't turn off?

Debbit

Well, got the water sorted out. New fittings, bathroom faucet and capping off the toilet line until I can afford a new toilet. No leaks. Water is flowing where it is supposed to now, and carpet iS drying out. But when I turn off all the faucets, the pump just keeps running. My battery is good, had it tested. So I turn the switch on the wall on and off to use water. Typical of an 84 dolphin 300? I've got the manual, and it says the pump should go off by itself.

It should turn off when the pressure builds up, but these are known for flaky pressure switches.. Does it sound like its bogging down when all the water is off? AND, I assume your pumping water from your tank and you don't have the city water hooked up.

Mine has had a bad pressure switch since I bought it. We just got in the habbit of turning the pump on and off when we need it.

JOhn Mc

88 Dolphin 4 Auto

Ok, that's what it sounds like. Yes, pumping from fresh. It won't be too much trouble to just turn it on when we want water. At least till we decide to get a new pump.

Thanks!

Karin, tnks, I didn't know they had re-build kits for the pump. I'll need to look into doing that with mine.

John Mc

88 Dolphin 4 Auto

Yeah you can even buy the diaphragm and the valves too. A lot of the older ones had a standard issue micro switch.