79 Odd Duck

Well i took the time to look up under edge of floor before i installed the rear bulkhead i just built. Good thing i did, so much rotted wood strips and 3/8's ply. I got out my jigsaw and cut all the plywood off. Started pulling up the rotted strips of wood and all the old foam that was glued to alum. skin. Oh yeah i found over half the width of alum. skin section wasn't even there. Its only about 10" but about 4' acrossed. No wonder its has a rotted floor. The both sides on bottom you can see daylight where its pulled away from floor. The 2 1/2" screws have pulled loose the outside wood strips are rotted and there is nothing to support the floor! They used wood screws to fasten sides to the floor before putting the alum. skin on. Most were screwed into the 3/8" ply flooring. Missed the thicker strip wood completely. Talk about poor building methods and materials. Odyssey's of this period sure leave much to be desired. I won't ever buy another early Odyssey, floor looks like a humped back whale! The center is as much as 2" bowed up above the inside bulkheads. :thumbdown::thumbdown: