How do you pay for a motorhome? Are certified checks acceptable to most sellers?

I am definitely not going to carry more than 2k cash on my person. So buying anything above that point I would have to use a safer method. I'm not saying that the seller would necessarily scam me, but anything could happen. Are most sellers okay with going to the bank and have the bank write out a certified check? How do you deal with the more expensive purchases?

Thanks!

I transfer the money into my account at a nearby branch of my bank. Then both parties go to the bank, transfer title & the bank gives them the funds in whatever form they want, typically a check.

When I bought my camper (Florida) I went on line & found a bill of sale form that the state's DMV recommends - so I filled that out & both parties signed it. Not required to register the camper but it stops any questions when the camper is titled.

Also recommend getting insurance setup prior to accepting vehicle - when the transfer occurs then call the company & activate.

I have transferred a vehicle right at the tag office. In that case the seller (us) had a lost title so we had to get a duplicate which could be done at time of transfer.

Not everyone will take it but if you can work it out with them alot of times you can use paypal which adds an extra level of protection to you both.