Yosemite trip Sept

sdboltdude

So happy!!!

was one of the lucky ones to get a camp site in Yosemite today

the website sells out in under 1 minute every reservation opening

(15th every month 5 mos advance)last 3 years unable to get reservations(you get one shot)before that 13 years straight.. all tent camping...

I will be their sept/30 to oct/6

last time I went at this time we had snow 1 day...75 to 80 1st half the week rain & snow other half..

will be going up the grapevine 5-north

kinda nervous about that adventure and how "Dagobah" is going to take it...

She runs good and only 60,000 (replaced plugs wires distributor & belts)

planning a valve adjustment exhaust manifold has leak so replace & replace fuel filter

if I replace fuel filter should I clean/rebuild fuel injectors?

also thinking about a bigger radiator I think I have a 2-core(1987 mini cruiser auto orig radiator works w/ no probs 3/4 the hottest so far)would like a 3-core to be safe.

when looking for a new radiator do I look for toy truck or will the 4runner ones work also...

ty

Steve

post-6388-0-58749800-1368633546_thumb.jp

It will be slow and steady as "She" goes up hill. Don't force it. If miles drop to around 30 mph put it in second gear and enjoy the scenery as it passes.

Put your flashing lights on anytime you are slower than 40. It will allow people to know you are a slow moving vehicle. And carry one gallon of extra water just in case you over heat.

Happy Camping!

R u guys talking 4 cylinder engines? I hear that if the engine is overheating the trannies r even hotter. I recall a toy driver in Colorado telling me how she had to buy an engine - burned it up.

its a 22re 4 banger
I do have a tranny cooler :first:

not sure about over heat and tranny heating up..

would not be good...

I would pull over let cool down if hitting red line

R u guys talking 4 cylinder engines? I hear that if the engine is overheating the trannies r even hotter. I recall a toy driver in Colorado telling me how she had to buy an engine - burned it up.

Shift down, take your time. Our 21ft 86' does fine going to Yosemite- down and back up and out of the valley. Stock radiator, saw temps climb on Priest grade- hwy 120, but not above 3/4. I wouldn't hit a big grade in the hottest time of the day....

Shift down, take your time. Our 21ft 86' does fine going to Yosemite- down and back up and out of the valley. Stock radiator, saw temps climb on Priest grade- hwy 120, but not above 3/4. I wouldn't hit a big grade in the hottest time of the day....

slow and low I will go...

and will be on the grape vine early morning....

Nice. And a bottle of wine to celebrate your arrival in the valley.... :-)

Upper pines campground?

My profile pic is our rig parked in Curry village. Visit the big trees out of Wawona if you have a chance. Really nice, though not as amazing as Sequoia park.

Edited by Sierra-rader

Nice. And a bottle of wine to celebrate your arrival in the valley.... :-)

Upper pines campground?

My profile pic is our rig parked in Curry village. Visit the big trees out of Wawona if you have a chance. Really nice, though not as amazing as Sequoia park.

will have a nice cold beer or 2 once in valley....

camping in northern pines

big trees are great (just a little Disneyland) to many people.....

that's why we try to go late in the year to get away from the crowds.....

Sequoia are fantastic we would camp their as a kid...maybe next years trip...