Does anyone know if this setup would be ok under the Toy MH? I could use Cont. vanco8's 205/75/14, they have 2200 lb. load rating. Thats 4400 lbs. for the rear. I have found a good many complete rearends reasonably priced. The dually setup they all want $450 and higher! Plus shipping!

• 2 weeks later...

One concern I have is that if you go with a single tire setup, a blowout would be more dangerous

than if you had one tire blowout on a duelly setup.

Also, are you sure 4400 lbs is enough? My tires (185/75/14) have a rating of 1700 lbs, which

gives me 6800 lbs (1700 x 4), about 55% more capacity than your single tire setup. My concern

is that with 4400 lbs, you might be close to your max. capacity instead of at a working capacity.

If one of your tires ends up under inflated, it is a +90 degree day, you end up slightly overloading

the RV, you could be on or over the capacity line.

Dennis...

I will have to weigh my Odd Duck and see how much it weighs empty. Hopefully no ore than 3600 lbs. Its 17' long, i am worried about the 5 lug dual wheels putting too much pressure on bearings. I may end up having to save up $ 600 fer and get a used 6 lug complete with wheels and tires. I know where a 6 lug is but it only has single wheels on it, i reckon i could find some dual wheels fer it.

I know where a 6 lug is but it only has single wheels on it, i reckon i could find some dual wheels fer it.

Be careful that you don't get a 4x4 rear end. They are 6 lug but NOT 1 ton

The salvage yard owner said it was a 6 lug 1 ton truck with complete rearend setup but only had single wheels up under it. Front end is totaled, its an 1988 and has 4.30 gear ratio. He said it was a 2wd, its only 82 miles and he wants $151.00 fer it. Guess it would be worth a run over there to check it out. i could take my 4x8 trailer and 4 ratchet straps just in case it was the real thing. Closest other setup is Toy MH rearend 6 lug out of Fl. for $450 plus shipping. I'd have to call and make sure its complete setup.

The salvage yard owner said it was a 6 lug 1 ton truck its only 82 miles and he wants $151.00 fer it. Guess it would be worth a run over there

That's about the price of the 2 rims by themselves :ThumbUp: Try to get the springs and the parking brake cables also. Lower gearing is another xtra on that one as normal would be 410:1 or 390:1

There was a fellow selling 1 ton rims on eBay not too long ago. I talked with him and he had several of them. They're not pretty but nothing a little paint wouldn't clear up. I'm all set with 14 for the 2 toys (7 on each)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...em=200126708329