What do you think about using these for tail lights? Only $40 for two at Harbor Freight.

Stevo

I think it's still expensive...I got those John M.C. suggested 36LED from Ebay for around $3 each shipped, used two of them on the tail lights (one for brake and one for running light), bright, cheap, and easy to solder into the non-realiable sockets. I have pictures of that but I can't upload here for some reasons.

Stevo, that one will not work for you since it has only one set of LED. The Toyhome and most car/truck needs 2 fillaments, one for running light and one for brake.

John M.C. option is ideal but I ran out of time and did not want to wait for new bulbs arrive in the mail. With left over 36 LED that I used for interior lighting, I just solder the leads to the old sockets and secure them with ties. Seem to work okay so far.

post-4406-0-88489900-1362629417_thumb.jp

But the description at the Harbor Freight website says that they work as a tail light, stop light and turn signals. What else would you need for tail lights?

That's right...I forgot the trailer light has dual elements. I take it back, if you can fit it in, it would work for you.

For brake lights there should be a link to ebay tail lights in my signature. I think they are 1:50 apeice shipped to your door. No soldering required.

License plate uses the same bulb as clearance lights.

Back ups use the same bulb as... interior and parking lights.

You may want to check the lighting if it not a separate bulb/led for both the brake and turn it won't work. The Toyota uses different bulbs for the turn and stop whereas the US design turns off the brake light on the side that is blinking and has a separate filament for the tail light with only one bulb confused yet? This is why a lighting converter is need when towing trailers with foreign cars/trucks.

Mine has in the rear a brake light and a turn and park light seperate so you would say its toyota?

No just made for the European/Asian wiring scheme they have two bulbs one for the signal and one for parking light and stop. Most of the trailer light kits only have one bulb for stop/turn and parking light. More and more US made trucks/cars are using two bulbs now so pretty soon they will all be the same.