For Sale - late '70s Chinook fixer upper $500

This chinook is a 77, 78 or 79, I can't quite remember, I'll bet you guys can tell from the pics. It's in a storage lot in longmont, CO, I want to get it out by the end of January, The good- only 93k miles on the original engine, ran okay when parked 2 years ago, did have some carb issues. Also no serious rust, I think a Colorado truck from the get-go. The bad- interior is trashed, furnace is gone, the converter is trashed, fridge and stove and sink are there, not sure of working condition on them. Shell has some good damage too.

$500 and she is yours, any less than that I'll make some sort of project out of it myself. If interested post here or call me 303 990 0385 John

IMG_0114_zps6b3d0d7a.jpg

IMG_0115_zpseab03eb9.jpg

IMG_0116_zps71f4ffd7.jpg

IMG_0117_zps7334c95b.jpg

IMG_0119_zpsce87f1c6.jpg

IMG_0120_zps4c2f2917.jpg

Edited by john the fisherman

This chinook is a 77, 78 or 79, I can't quite remember

I think 1978 was the last year they were made and 1976-78s have the vents (propane for fridge and furnace) in different places. I assume it's a 1975 or older unless it's been modified?

I'm looking for a parts vehicle. I'm in NY but have two sons living near you (Longmont and Westminster). If you want to sell as a parts rig for $350, let me know. I assume there is no title for it? I'm not trying to insult you with the offer but I did just buy a running 1978 Chinook that drives, has all the furnishings although very beat up and paid $500 for with title. I could of driven it home.

I think 1978 was the last year they were made and 1976-78s have the vents (propane for fridge and furnace) in different places. I assume it's a 1975 or older unless it's been modified?

I'm looking for a parts vehicle. I'm in NY but have two sons living near you (Longmont and Westminster). If you want to sell as a parts rig for $350, let me know. I assume there is no title for it? I'm not trying to insult you with the offer but I did just buy a running 1978 Chinook that drives, has all the furnishings although very beat up and paid $500 for with title. I could of driven it home.

Don't worry, I'm harder to insult than that, and I get where you are coming from. It is titled in my son's name, title is lost, paperwork is in progress to get a new title in my name since he is out of state and wants to turn it over to me. The truck actually ran well enough to drive cross country before parked, he had just travelled around the southwest states in it. The carb needed adjusting or replacing though. My biggest issue with it is the trashed interior and cracked shell. Overall it's been worked over pretty good.

As of now, I am thinking if I don't get $500 out of it, I will make it a 4 wheeler with a custom sleeper cell on the back. I am a junkyard hound and I still see old toyotas around here quite a bit. the 4WD conversion looks pretty doable, any insite into that would be apreciated, as I am new to toyotas.

That said, I'll keep you in mind if I don't get $5 bills for it and I lose my inspiration. Maybe you could text me your contact info in case of just such an event.

Thanks for looking!

PS where in NY? I grew up near Albany.

PS where in NY? I grew up near Albany.

60 miles south of Albany in Worcester. About 15-20 miles from Oneonta, Cooperstown and Cobleskill.

I was probably wrong about the year. I didn't notice the "Gazelle" name before. Gazelles had a slightly different layout then the MPGs, so your's could be a 1978.

Email is: jdemaris@milllenicom.com

The Chinooks have the same wheel base as newer short bed trucks. I suspect it's a fairly easy bolt-on swap to put that body on a newer 4WD with a short wheel-base and standard cab.

your email address bounced back to me. I'll take $350 for it if you will take it w/out the title and can do it before the end of the month.

Also i should mention that you SHOULD be able to drive this off the storage lot, we drove it from denver to where it now sits 2 years ago, so with a jump and some starting fluid, I would think you could make it run.

your email address bounced back to me. I'll take $350 for it if you will take it w/out the title and can do it before the end of the month.

Also i should mention that you SHOULD be able to drive this off the storage lot, we drove it from denver to where it now sits 2 years ago, so with a jump and some starting fluid, I would think you could make it run.

Let me get in contact with my son in Westminster and get back to you. He's the one I've have come get it and store it at his house.

My email is mispelled as posted before. I put one too many "Ls" into it. Hard to see without my glasses. It's jdemaris@millenicom.com NOT jdemaris@milllenicom.com That extra L is hard to see even WITH my glasses on.