In Progress trip through SW Colorado

keitholivier

Hi Folks

Colorado has thus far exceeded my expectations. It is such a beautiful place. My wife and I have been exploring the area west and South of Colorado Springs. Due to some issues with our RV (running rich and no ability to downshift to 1st or second gear) we have decided to make Colorado Springs our "basecamp" and have been exploring the area with a hire car.

For your interest, we have a few pictures posted in the member gallery under 86 Dolphin RV.

The mountain passes are heavy going and the elevation high, but would not be unmanageable if it were not for the fact that we presently cannot lock in a low gear. I regard this as a pretty serious safety issue with the length of grades and not wanting to thrash the engine at wide open throttle every step of the way.

I would highly recommend this area for a visit. I think that the area has had an unusual amount of rain in recent months so is really green, which according to the locals is out of the ordinary.

Best regards

Keith & Seija

ps: here is 1 picture example

gallery_761_115_70775.jpg

• 1 month later...