What are the cabinets and interior walls attached to inside a Sunrader?

Stevo

What are the cabinets and interior walls attached to inside a Sunrader? Did Sunrader glue vertical studs and horizontal stringers to the inside of the fiberglass shell as attachment points for the walls and cabinets? I'm asking because I might buy a Sunrader that will require a new interior and I want to know what I'll be dealing with.

Thanks

Steve

Hopefully you'll hear from someone who really knows, but what I'm seeing on the inside of my Chinook (not too different from a Sunrader) is that yes, there is a small frame, like small studs, on the inside of the fiberglass shell. Like 1"x1" little studs. The wall and cabinets and headliner are all anchored into these.

Thanks for the info guys. I really appreciate it. I was a cabinetmaker and finish carpenter for about 25 years so have lots of experience with this stuff and between that and raising two kids you tend to develop a lot of patience.

Have you tried glueing a piece of wood to fiberglass with cheap Liquid Nails? I have successfully used Liquid Nails to glue wood to lots of stuff but never fiberglass.

Thanks again.

Be careful or you'll end up with this on your hands.

http://toyotamotorhome.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=5249

Most hard mounting seemed to come from the floor. Lots of screws into the ground. Not much glued to the walls. The window frames seemed to hold the walls with their foam insulation in place. There were some screws into the fiberglass but not many and not very deep. Thinking about it, I'm not sure how it survived the dirt roads we took it down. It seemed like I'd pull out a few screws and entire sections of cabinets or wall pieces would just fall off. Maybe there was glue and it gave up.

I will read that thread. Thank you for sharing that link.

Be careful or you'll end up with this on your hands.

http://toyotamotorho...?showtopic=5249

Most hard mounting seemed to come from the floor. Lots of screws into the ground. Not much glued to the walls. The window frames seemed to hold the walls with their foam insulation in place. There were some screws into the fiberglass but not many and not very deep. Thinking about it, I'm not sure how it survived the dirt roads we took it down. It seemed like I'd pull out a few screws and entire sections of cabinets or wall pieces would just fall off. Maybe there was glue and it gave up.