I've got a '91 Warrior that came without a Spare. I have yet to purchase one, even though the tires were new when I got it, and still are basically close to that condition. Even so, I know I'm treading on thin ice every time I take it out for a spin (2800 mile trip 3 weeks ago, knock on wood), anyway, what I'm wondering is...

Did all toyota motor homes come with a spare when they came off the assembly line?

Did each coach model have a different location?

Where was the spare attached? Underneath? On the bumper?

There doesn't seem to be any place underneath where one ever was attached. My friends recently bought a '93 toy home and have a spare on their bumper, but the set-up doesn't look like like an OEM. There does appear to be a location where a spare was mounted underneath on the frame. A bracket of some sort but that's it. Mine doesn't have a bracket in the same place because there is a propane pipe running perpendicular, attached to the frame and almost underneath that "heavier" cross member frame that my friends bracket was attached (they didn't have the same propane pipe crossing there).

I have all the original manuals and nothing shows where the spare is except for the Toyota owners manual that shows it under "the bed".

PS I'll be purchasing a spare before the "home" goes out again.

@DuN

Seems strange that they'd sell Toy Homes without spares. The weight thing seems secondary to the fact that what does one do if one drives out of the dealers with a new rig and a half an hour later sitting high and dry on the side of the freeway with a flat and no way to fix it.

Thanks for the link. Looks like I have to rig up something underneath. Not sure I want a spare on the bumper.

(side note: my valves seem pointed in, away from outside, on my dualies, How does one add more air? Are they on "backwards" or does it take one of these air nozzles that has the double end to it?)

My sunrader has hole in the rear just above bumper through which a super long folding wrench goes into and turns a winch that has a chain. The chain lowers the wheel from its recess which is just behind the rear axle. I figured they all did this but apparently not?

As for wheels, the dual angle on inflator is the ticket. see below for example

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DUAL-ANGLE-CHUCK-INFLATOR-FREE-GAUGE-Compressor-/140401649639?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item20b09727e7

Thanks Totem, I was thinking about the dual angle but it seems as though it would be easier with a straight shot.

Yeah at home I have 2, a straight air chuck for the inner rear and front, and a back sided one for the outer rear. The only one I have found that will fill 'em all is the great air chuck that comes with the Viair 12 volt RV model. We carry that with the RV. but it will not work with a steady air supply :(.

vanman

My spare bolts to the back of the RV. Got a long bolt that goes thru to the inside, with nut on the inside.

John Mc

88 Dolphin 4 Auto

Looks like I'm buying a 90/91 Winnie Warrior and the spare is mounted on the front. what's the downside to this arrangement?!

Might have a direct bearing on covering outside "cooling" air for your radiator, i.e. many Toy Homes (maybe it's just the V6's) already have an issue with the possibility of overheating. I wouldn't want to press my luck having it mounted there. I'm assuming you mean on the front bumper. (Not top of the hood, like my '67 Land Rover 109 Safari might be cool)