ID marks on front glass 12 x 59 from your Toyo Winne Warrior?

vrocrider

Hi. I posted months back about needing to replace cracked front flat glass in cab overhang on 1991 Winnebego Warrior on Toyo chassis. Presently has plastic which is not original. Some may recall I had a guy lined up that makes motorcyle windshields to make new tinted plastic piece. I've now decided to go to original glass. My thinking is the glass offers more rigidity & I know this window seal is prone to leak on all class Cs. I having difficulty determining correct dimensions of glass. I'm told that if I had numbers off a correct piece of glass that this may solve issue. Anybody with original glass have markings and know manufacturer? I believe Hehr brand was used alot.

Thanks for any help.

Edited by vrocrider

FYI I got from Winnebago the following dimensions and will have glass made to hopefully fit.

Thickness: 2.92mm – 3.40mm; 1/8in.

Height: 261.6mm; 10.3in.

Width: 1455.4mm; 57.3in.

Radius on edges: 53.2mm; 2.093in.

Here is a place that can custom make the window for you. It seems pricey, but I have never replaced one, so maybe it's in line for tempered glass and frame. Good Luck!

http://www.all-rite.com/allrite-picture-windows-p-451.html

Thanks.

Pricey...no kidding!!

Quote I got from folks with link below:

"For a light grey tempered 10.3x57.3 ~ 1/8 inch thick piece of glass your cost would be $89.84 plus tax & shipping. Please let me know if you would like to order this.

Thank You,

RV Glass Repair Services"

http://www.rvglassrepairservices.com/

I think it's designed for the front upper bunk placement? I know that I've cut a cargo hatch bigger and wider that doesn’t leak at all after putting in the larger door. I would think it's pretty much the same concept, except a glass panel instead of swinging door. It would fit tightly due to the inside clamp mount to synch it tight. If one framed the new opening properly and used some good butyl seal, even with a split opening window, it shouldent leak. There’s really no difference between this, except for the overall length than the long sliding side windows I have above my cab now. I understand that maybe some wouldn’t want to attempt it due to not having the tools or experience.