Sunrader shower drain

Kathy Laurin

I have an 88 Sunrader and would like an alternative to the shower draining into the black tank. I have noticed on the 4X4 page that this is on Greg's to do list and that Mac used a sump pump. I had my vehicle in for some other work and asked about having this done and was told there was no room to do anything. I would appreciate hearing from anyone who has resolved this issue or who has a low cost creative solution (other than not using the shower). Greg - do you have a plan on how you will do this? Mac - can you provide me with more details on what you did? Thanks.

I do not really have a plan. Well maybe sorta. I plan to install a small catch tank or bucket near the black water tank and reroute the shower drain to it. The drain into the black water tank will have to be plugged. In the catch tank I am going to place a boat bilge pump that has a float switch that will turn on the pump when it fills with water. The pump will pump the water over to the grey water tank. I am also going to install a valve that will be able to divert the grey water into a hose if I am in the woods and can run the water out and away from camp. But as to exactly where to place the bucket or how to tap into the grey water tank is still a mystery. I have gone so far as to add a lighted power switch in the coach for power when I am ready to connect it all. It will hopefully be a summer project added to my already 10 foot tall pile. When I do get around to it I will attempt to document it all with photos and create a page for it at the main site.

Greg