A Big Thanks To All

I've not had a chance yet to post any questions or comments as I've been steadily working on the restoration of my 87 Itasca. This weekend marks the first day out with me and the wife in our new toy.

I did however spend a great deal of time reading many posts new and old on this forum and the information was invaluable in the effort. So for that, many thanks to all that participate on this board.

I really did get into a bit more than I bargained for and wish I had found this forum before purchase but once in, I rolled up the sleeves and dug in. This ended up being a complete strip down of the interior. Walls and ceiling were replaced with panels I fabricated with 1/8" 3 ply luan, along with new sub floor and composite flooring. A new Fridge, stove, sinks and toilet later along with an updated power center and considerable work on re-doing the electrical and plumbing. Re-laminated the cabinets along with gutting them and fabricating new shelves and storage cubbies. Tore out the dinette and replaced it with a folding couch and custom base for storage.

Still have a bit more planned but it is more than functional and so far seems perfect for the two of us.

So again, many thanks,

Back East Don

Hey John, are you looking for something specific or only generic rehab pictures. It is still very much a work in progress. Wasn't really thinking much about posting when I started this project, so I took no pictures of the demolition phase. Mainly what I was thinking throughout was that my wife was crazy for picking refurbing an old motorhome as a dream and and that I was likely to be dead before we ever got to hit the road with it.

Took it out this holiday weekend and visited friends who have a seasonal campsite in Maine. The good news is everything worked and the effort with all the small details such as replacing all the screens paid off.

As I get closer to finishing it, I'll dust off the camera and post some pictures.

Don

Edited by Back East Don