Has anyone replaced the stove/oven combo with a drop-in stove top to reduce the noise? I noticed while on the road the stove is too heavy for the counter to handle. Even though every moving part is removed from the oven and the stove top cover is folded up, the stove makes noise on bumpy road. I am thinking to remove it and install one of these http://www.americanrvcompany.com/Atwood-DV20-W-56492-White-2-Burner-Drop-In-Cooktop-Trailer-Camper-RV_p_91.html Hopefully this will reduce the noise, but I don't know if these have lots of moving parts or not, but at least, it won't be as heavy as the old setup.

Also I am thinking of removing the hood as well, that too makes lots of noise and its useless. Doing this entails finding a place for the tank meters and blocking the vent. I don't have to worry about fumes as I have a fantastic fan on the roof. I would appreciate it if you could share your experiences if you have done any of these!

Stove rattle. rattle rattle rattle :ranting2:

I had several sources of noise.

Where the burner top hinges into the frame, (The part that you can swing up and see all the guts of the stove). Use the self adhesive foam strip (same stuff I used on the door, maybe 1/4 x 1/4, and put a 12 inch piece along each side of the frame. This snugs the top when its lower and quits this rattle.

The top folding cover - We place a dish towel over the burners (obviously, the burners need to be cool), then lower the cover. muffles and quiets all the rattles.

Range hood, Probably the exhaust door rattling. The door is a very thin metal, the hinge is made of fiber tape, it closes at an angle and is sealed with some of the 1/4/x 1/4 foam. (You can see it if you remove the hood filter and look up inside there)

Well, that's the way it was when it was new. I replaced the fiber hinge (it had fallen apart) with a real piano hinge, just rivet it to the frame. The foam had rotted away, so the door was banging against the duct (This is what was making all the noise). I cleaned the old foam residue off and replaced it with some of that 1/4 x 1/4 left over from fixing the stove rattle.

The range hood duct is removed from the outside. Remove the outside vent cover and the duct and duct door will slide out.

John Mc

88 Dolphin 4 Auto