Like the title says, has anyone swapped in a 4.30 rear diff? any input?

I am swapping in a full floater for a customer with the 5lug fake dually and was "toying" with the idea of using a 4.30 rear diff ratio in it and wanted anyones input that has this gear set. I know there are 4.56 and 4.88s but I am looking for someone with 4.30s and possibly a 4 speed.

I've got a '91 Seabreeze with a 4.1:1 and a '93 Warrior with a 4.3:1. Long story. Can't tell the difference without looking at the axle codes. About 5% difference. 3000rpm vs 3150rpm. Both automatics, of course.

I am thinking the 4.30s in an older 22R would give a little bit more pep to it, I know its not much but then again an addition of a header etc doesn't provide an overwhelming increase in power.

I dont think it would be a drawback to use these instead of 4.10s

Every little bit helps. If both were available at the same price, I'd pick the 4.3. Just don't expect to feel any difference with your butt dyno! Maybe with a stop watch.

my butt dyno is out of this one, my customers butt dyno is all that matters, I can always swap the 4.10s in if they arent happy with the 4.30s. thanks for your input- having both in 2 different RVs is probably the best scenario for advice on if there is a notable difference between the 2.

No noticeable difference. Dead slow vs dead slow.

LMAO- I know what you mean, mine goes 0 to 60 in like ..................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................wait for it ............................................................................................................................................................................................................................. ............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................