Led lighting

guitarlover519

these are pretty neat. thinking about going around the top of the home with them. Maybe splicing directly into one of the existing light?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1M-Waterproof-RGB-LED-Striplight-DC12V-5050-150pc-SMD-/180689709036?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item2a11f227ec

I know someone that has some led rope lights in his camper, they put out a glow but do not really light the camper up enough to read or do anything.

I took regular cabin lights and added the LED bulbs. Works but not near as bright as the regular 12V bulbs. You can try that yourself by getting a 12v led replacement bulb and put it in your existing housing

Most commercially available LEDs are a balance between cost and output, with their "purer" light somewhat mitigating the lower actual output. You can get LEDs that are just as bright as incandescent or compact-fluorescent bulbs (Audi and some other cars are coming with LED headlights), and they'll last longer and draw less, but they'll cost you a lot more.

I have two 5W LEDs in my yurt, and it's an acceptable amount of light for reading and cooking and whatnot. I'd say they're about equivalent to two 25W regular bulbs, while costing about twice as much and drawing five times less power.

Thats what i was looking for!

Im def looking into replacing the 12v lights with leds as we go as well

I know someone that has some led rope lights in his camper, they put out a glow but do not really light the camper up enough to read or do anything.

The rope lights look neat but draw too much power for the amount of light. Replacement LED's for the existing fixtures is the cheapest/simplest way out.

For those who cannot decide if they want "Warm White" or "Cool White" LED bulbs, click on this link: http://simplyled.co....hite_ASPF0.aspx . It shows the exterior of a home, and lets one select either "Warm White" or "Cool White" LEDs. It then shows the corresponding effect on the exterior of the house. It also gives some tips on selecting either "warm" or "cool" white LED bulbs.

post-669-0-93338200-1333497319_thumb.jpgHere are two 10 chip 3500K I can't find my picture of a 6500K LED they are brighter but much more blue. 7000K is about the color of bright sun light.

I like the warmer spectrum, but only in cleaner light like florescent or leds.

i wish front dinette/couch floor plan like yours. I have the rear dinette and with the table set in its nearly possible to get in or out. needless to say its never in.

post-669-0-93338200-1333497319_thumb.jpgHere are two 10 chip 3500K I can't find my picture of a 6500K LED they are brighter but much more blue. 7000K is about the color of bright sun light.