Onan 3KW 25 amp 120 v

Bigdog

The 3KW generator are getting a little long in the tooth the 2.8 Onan is a good bit more reliable and quieter but it's a lot better then the Kohler. The Kohler is pretty big but still you'll probably have to do some fabricating to fit the Onan. Do all the maintenance on the Onan while it's out lot easier I believe the 3KW had points so it would be a good ideal to replace them before hand. The 3KW is all the power you'll need to run every thing.

BigDog,

I replaced the Kohler with an Onan 2.8 in my Sunrader. The Kohler is a narrow upright design with engine on top and generator undeneath. You will have to enlarge the compartment because the Onan is wider than the Kohler. I cut more of the floor out and boxed it all in with plywood and sheet metal lining. The braces that the Kohler mounted to make a solid mount for the Onan, but I installed it from above by removing the cushion and plywood from the couch. This was erasier than enlarging the outside compartment door. It's so much quieter and was worth the effort.

Seamus McShank