max tongue weight

rkvantiflin

Hello everyone.

I have enjoyed reading here and had a question I would like to ask.

I know the differnce in 5 and 6 lug axels but what is the total tongue weight that a 6 lug wheel can support.

Thanks

The answer is zero. I a using "tongue weight" definition withh trailers (the weight of the trailer tongue pushing down on the trailer hitch). All the toyota campers I am familiar with say no towing in their operators manual.

Tongue weight is dependent on bumper/hitch construction more than anything else. The relationship between net payload, GAWR, and tongue weight isn't a simple one, unfortunately, as it involves knowing the wheelbase, distance from the rear axle to the trailer hitch, and is further complicated by a motorhome being on top of the rear axle. The fact that your wheels are 6-lug has absolutely nothing to do with the tongue weight your vehicle in its present configuration can support.

What kind of motorhome is this, what springs are in the back, what's the trailer attachment style (receiver hitch, bumper, bungee cords...), and how much extra cargo is already over the rear axle?