No lighting in house

dolphinguy

ok went for a little winter fishing trip and the lights just went out.battery is fine.works when plugged in.traced the wire from the battery to the back wheel area then it disappears into the house and i cant find out where it goes. also rewired the ground connection.i cant find any fuses except the one in the ground wire. its a 1979 dolphin. any ideas??? larry

Fused ground wire? If it's a #8 wire it goes to the converter/charger.

Fused ground wire? If it's a #8 wire it goes to the converter/charger.

the ground wire has been bolted to the frame and was working fine. the black wire goes all the way to the rear wheel then into the house but i cant find it to continue tracing

Have a look at your fuse panel at the converter and see if there isn't a large black wire attached to a large lug. If so that is your main feed wire to the converter from the battery.

Have a look at your fuse panel at the converter and see if there isn't a large black wire attached to a large lug. If so that is your main feed wire to the converter from the battery.

thank you found the problem it was at the converter as you said. all is well in the old palace and will resume my winter fishing trip. larry

Edited by dolphinguy