new member ,87 granvill auto 22 r

siouxindian

my wife and i and my son buying 87 Granville Monday . we have a 5 th wheel but this is are first Toyota. we can hardly wait. it needs a little work sagging corner, short in wire or water pump. i can fix anything. so no biggie so we are yahoooooooooooooo!:)

Welcome to the group. This time of year it appears that the postings slow down a bit. I joined last summer when I bought my Escaper and have really found a great deal of help on here. When you need information or help, just ask. You will get some great help very quickly.

Maybe the Super Bowl has people distracted from the important things in life like camping.

Welcome too you both . no super bowl for me just not into those things. 1978 Toyota Minimax Just bought 1987 D olphin.

i rode my 1500 goldwing from tulsa okla to murphy nc 844 miles . bought the granvill drove it home did not use any oil big + for that if i drove 55 miles per hour i got 15.17 miles per gallon if i drove 70 75 it sucked a lot of gas . so from Conway Arkansas to home i drove 55. 55 is so slow! tomorrow we going to Wichita Kansas. i need a generator ;roof ac; the truck docent have ac so i need to find a truck for all the ac parts. has any one posted about adding ac to the cab?:ThumbUp:

Best bet on the truck AC is to find a donor at the just yard and remove all the components, mounts brackets wire bundles, etc.

Someone just did this on this site, a few weeks ago.

As for the generator and roof AC, are you sure you need them?

JOhn MC

88 Dolphin 4 auto

I always told people that the only thing on the road slower than my toyhouse is a Volkswagon bus

Its a very rare event when I pass someone, usually its a fully loaded logging truck with a blown turbocharger. :help:

We learned to take our time, often getting off the Interstate and taking the U.S. or state routes. These are enjoyable and we see stuff that we've never seen before.

John Mc

88 Dolphin 4 Auto

I say if they want to go around let them 55 is a good speed. never had a bug box van my first car was a36 horse power air cooled bug .Iin the 1950s the van used the same 36 hp moter. You learned how too use the four speed. The last bugs were only about 60 hp

Derek thanks i am not up on that make .Wonder if they had heat in them . those vw were friged in winter in Wash st lett alone in your neck of the woods. and SIX volts TILL AUG 1967! bought a brand new 1974 Datsun B210 and never looked back. a power house at 75 hp and 12 volts.DROVE that 24 years. killed by a big dump truck. NOT my FAULT.

:)

Best bet on the truck AC is to find a donor at the just yard and remove all the components, mounts brackets wire bundles, etc.

Someone just did this on this site, a few weeks ago.

As for the generator and roof AC, are you sure you need them?

JOhn MC

88 Dolphin 4 auto

new update while sitting at the table eating supper my wife said look what i found under the seat. it was a bunch of papers books owners manuals there was a receipt were 10.000 miles ago the person who owned it in 01 put a new engine . thats like 3 and a half oil changes ago yea for us. the bill was 2500 and change. man we got to have 120 volts and air conditioning. :)

Edited by siouxindian