Leaking windows 1990 Sunrader

DustyRose

Hi everyone! I'm so glad to have found this site. I just purchased a 1990 Sunrader this summer and I Love Her!! I took it to the beach this fall and it is a 500 mile trip, no problems. I think it's been well taken care of there were 49,000 miles on the odometer when i bought it. I have two problems that I hope someone here can help me with. I have a leak in the front passenger side overhead bunk. The guy i bought it from said he would fix the leak, he put some sealer on the side window. It is still leaking, the front end of the mattress is getting wet. I think it comes from the forward window that wraps around the side. There is some minor wrinkling and stain on the paneling, it seems to be larger from the front, narrowing down towards the back of the coach. I noticed the windows seem to be plexi-glass. What is the best way to seal the window, and is there a source to get new windows (the glass is kind of scratched in places). Secondly, in the bathroom I have a leak from somewhere. There is a sink and cabinet on the back of the coach. I noticed toilet paper rolls in the cabinet when i bought it had water stains on them. Since then, the rolls I've stored have had the same thing going on, and i felt wetness in the bottom of the cabinet after it rained. Has anyone had the same problem? Maybe there is a common issue that might save me some headache trying to figure out what's going on.

Thanks All!

The window in the front needs to be removed and reinstalled with the locking rubber gasket that it was installed with in the first place. Many auto glass shops carry this kind of gasket material. You just need to find someone willing to do the job. There is another possibility though and that could be a leaking clearence light. Sounds like more water than that would cause though. The cabinet in the bathroom issue. There is a window above there too. Could be the window or leaking plumbing. Those flat windows are resealed with butyl tape. Window is removed and cleaned and then reinstalled with butyl tape. Not difficult but if you don't know how to do it probably should go to an rv repair guy. Sometimes you can find reasonable workers on craigslist. Those front windows are only available one place and it's in California. Quite expensive too

LS

Hi everyone! I'm so glad to have found this site. I just purchased a 1990 Sunrader this summer and I Love Her!! I took it to the beach this fall and it is a 500 mile trip, no problems. I think it's been well taken care of there were 49,000 miles on the odometer when i bought it. I have two problems that I hope someone here can help me with. I have a leak in the front passenger side overhead bunk. The guy i bought it from said he would fix the leak, he put some sealer on the side window. It is still leaking, the front end of the mattress is getting wet. I think it comes from the forward window that wraps around the side. There is some minor wrinkling and stain on the paneling, it seems to be larger from the front, narrowing down towards the back of the coach. I noticed the windows seem to be plexi-glass. What is the best way to seal the window, and is there a source to get new windows (the glass is kind of scratched in places). Secondly, in the bathroom I have a leak from somewhere. There is a sink and cabinet on the back of the coach. I noticed toilet paper rolls in the cabinet when i bought it had water stains on them. Since then, the rolls I've stored have had the same thing going on, and i felt wetness in the bottom of the cabinet after it rained. Has anyone had the same problem? Maybe there is a common issue that might save me some headache trying to figure out what's going on.

Thanks All!

Thanks Linda, much appreciated!

One other thing or 2. This should have been posted in general discussion or somewhere else to get the most responses. And get a tarp or some cover over it to prevent further damage until you can find someone to fix it

LS