Running lights fuse location

85newhorizon

Toyota should be a fuse bloc under the left side of the dash oem ran the truck lights should still run camper running lights . worst case by pass and run new wire but make shure you have a fuse on it. can you see any wires in side in cabnets etc do rest of running lights work . if you have side lights that work and front dont maybe run new wire off them. i had a short inside my 78 lost three lights one side fuses all ok found nothing ever cut off dead head it run all new wire too it . A big thing can be the grounding use a meter i use a five dollor test light the most clip on one end sharp point kind ext. usfull tool, let us know

my running light on the front of my 85 new horizon are not getting any voltage. installing 5 new fixtures but have no power. thought it could just be a fuse. but, have no idea where it is located or where the wires originate from. very frustrating.

You're faced with what seems to be a very typical problem with all these motorhomes: NO wiring diagram! Not a fun place to be when you're trying to fix things that go wrong. The upside is that there are fortunately very few circuits involved.

The only 'Official' wiring diagrams I've seen are from Winnebago Industries on their website.

http://www.winnebago...ources/manuals/

I've seen a few people post that their Owner's Manuals have wiring diagrams included, but I get the impression that they're pretty 'general' in nature and not specific to any one model/layout. I seem to remember at least one post indicating that the rear clearance lights get their power from the rear tail lights and then had a wire run up along the ceiling to the front clearance lights, possibly through the cabinets (hopefully not buried in the ceiling).

Good luck!

On my 1990 Odyssey my coach running lights are connected to the fuses

that are in the coach curcuit breaker box (next to the oven). There is

a 3 x 5 metal panel that a single screw secures it, once you open it

there are 3 or 4 in-line glass tube fuses.

Dennis...

I thought about that too but i did not know if that was ever done. i do have factory wireing digram on the tail and runing lights the orginal books from national rv who made the Dolphin and seabreze. wiring charts on the camper part .i am missing the Chassis manuel. But ext thankfull to have what i got almost never do you get the books . As in the case of no digrams some of the moterhomes we dont even know who made them or where Four minimax known to ext maker unknown place same.

thanks for the help. it was not a fuse. turned out to be the power is pulled from rear driver side clearance lights ,ran down side of coach, to the front lights. i was tinkering with the rear lights and figured this out. they are in pretty rough shape. now, i think i will replace all the rear lights with LEDs. didnt even think to do it up front, cause i got a deal on the fronts at a flea market. oh well. they look good.