1975 - ? Chinook Seat Swaps or Options

Captain Ahab

I've had my '75 Chinook for about 2.5 years now, and most everything, interior wise, has been factory. The seats, as my journeys have been more brave and therefore longer, have become less comfortable. I want to know what ideas or avenues others have pursued as far as replacing the seats. I want to know, and i hope this would help others,

where you got your replacements done?

what the price was?

are there seats that currently exist (junk yards/used cars) with exact or similar bolt patterns?

are there companies that can make seats to my specifications, i.e. to fit a chinook?

basically, any info regarding the replacement and upgrade of new seats in a toyota chinook, 1975 - 1978ish. tips, tricks, etc...

ahab

p.s. - this is kind of a pain in the can to search for on google. if you type in "car seats," you aren't going to get what you're thinking about.

SOMETIMES you can you can use the orginal tracks they just bolt on the bottom of the seats those early ones can be taken off the tracks and switched right to left . i had a 1978 Pickup the right seat was like new. driver seat not quit as good. took them off the tracks and switched right too left what a differance . but in the truck wife did not ride much any way . those early seats are in deed Primitive no tilt or anything.