Refrigerator size

Bob C

Are most of the refrigerators in Touhouses about the same size? Mine has a mid-sized (dorm style) frig installed but I do not know how big the install can be. I need to find a refrigerator for my Escaper but can't get to the MH (in storage) for a week or so. I found a used RV refrigerator (lp/12/120) locally but do not know if it will fit. Could a couple of you measure your refrigerators to see what size they are?

they vary in size remove it and mesure the space if you google norcold or dometic the two companys that make them they have charts based on the size of opening. my 78 takes the very smallest my 1987 double that . if you know what you found model no or. make. loo up the replacement charts on line i took a old dead brand . replaced with 3 way norcold. the charts tell what replaces what. and all the old dead brands only two companys now you may have a little fit work. sorry mine not at house eather.

My problem is that the previous owner removed the 3 way frig and put in an electric dorm sized one, I think about 4 cu ft. The RV is in storage at the county fairgrounds and I can't get to it until contacting the storage guy. I do not know what size the opening is. I know that the frig fills the hole in the cabinet that comes to about my chest for height (I am 6" tall) but do not remember how close to the floor the frig hole goes. The used one will probably sell before long and I don't want to miss it.

I do know that the frig is not the small one, I had one of those in my pop-up and I think that this one is about twice as tall.

I need to know someones' best information about how big the hole would be. I have a rear door, passenger side refrig unit. I do not know how close the frig gets to the floor.

If I could get into the storage unit, I could measure it, but I have to find the guy first. The greatness of cheap storage at the county fairgounds in the middle of nowhere.

what is the used one some use the model dometic rm 2400 my book says33 high 23 wide by25 deep next model up is 40 13 16 high almost 41 high i got the book with 87 dolphin what is the used one if not Dometic or Norcold all other company out of busness parts iffe that is same as norcold model n410 in a catlog i have 4 and halfcubic

I measured mine

32 wide

34 tall (It is sitting on a small cabinet that is about 6 inches tall)

26 deep front to back.

An RV frig must have airflow across the cooling unit, This is accomplished by building an air Plenum behind the unit. Air comes in at the bottom of the plenum and exits out the top of the plenum.

All the units will have an exterior access door so you can get to the lower part of the unit. This door is louvered so air can flow in.

Most early models have what I call a "Chinmey" that sticks out through the roof. This supplies the upper opening for air flow across the cooling unit.

Later models have an upper access door or vent that supplies the air flow.

Although this link is how I installed my A/C unit, you can see how I used the Refrigerator plenum for the A/C and also has some photos of both the upper and lower air vents, AND the upper access door I installed for the A/C unit.

A/C Install using Refrigerator Plenum

LEVELING

Looking at the front of the frig, it must be reasonably level side to side in order for the Ammonia Boiler to function properly. The amount of "level" depends on the frig model, newer models are a little more forgiving than the older models.

I have two bubble levels, one on the dash (side to side) and the other on the drivers door piller (front to back). If I keep the front to back level within 3 notches on the level, it works OK. I usually get it within one notch so it doesn't fell like I'm walking uphill or downhill.

JOhn Mc

88 Dolphin 4 Auto

Waiter-Thanks for the information and link to your photos. My frig looks about the same size as the one shown in your link. The one that I found is about 40" tall. I guess it may be too tall but will try to get into my RV and measure it. I doubt that it will fit after looking at your pictures.

Thanks

Bob C

I was thinking about raising the top of the cabinet. I have to get into the RV to see what would be involved.