Heater operation and equipment

TMHolley

I have a Toyota New Horizon RV, 1986. Can't figure out how to light the furnace. First step says turn on the thermostat. Can't for the life of me find anything that resembles a thermostat. Have looked anywhere. Anyone have any photos or know where this is or what it looks like?

Generly there is a thermost on a wall. it should looka lot like the ones used in houses. what kind of furn nac ebrand ?

I played with it for about an hour or so. Couldn't get it to do anything. Autolight function certainly didn't do anything. Figured out how to manually spark it and it almost lights, but never did. Not sure if there is something else that has to be turned on. There is a power switch in the aux electric compartment, by the shore power cord that says on and off that is off. No idea what that goes to though.

Edited by TMHolley

TMHolley

tried both.

If you power it up the first thing that should happen is the fan comes on, next the controller will know this as the blowing air will push a small vane tied to a microswitch, refered to as a sail switch on the schematic, then the pilot will try to lite if it's an auto-pilot type. What does happen when you turn it on with the on/off switch at the thermostat and then turn the temperature control up above the indicated temperature on the thermometer??

vanman

TMHolley

tried both.

If you power it up the first thing that should happen is the fan comes on, next the controller will know this as the blowing air will push a small vane tied to a microswitch, refered to as a sail switch on the schematic, then the pilot will try to lite if it's an auto-pilot type. What does happen when you turn it on with the on/off switch at the thermostat and then turn the temperature control up above the indicated temperature on the thermometer??

vanman

Nothing happens, fan does not blow. I manually pushed the sail switch to the contact and it sparks tries to light, but doesn't.

TMHolley

Nothing happens, fan does not blow. I manually pushed the sail switch to the contact and it sparks tries to light, but doesn't.

That tells you 2 things, one no power to fan motor or bad motor, two if it sparks when you make the sail micro you have power to the control board. Check with a voltmeter for 12 VDC to the motor, go from there. Wait; maybe stuck motor , if 12 VDC to motor use something other than a body part to spin it a little see if it takes off. It seems like most of there motors bearings fail ( makes whining noise) before the brushes need replacement.

vanman