eBay Watch

Little tidbits from Airstream Life from that little gem of scams and stupidity we call eBay.... nothing has been edited, not even the spelling....

1996 Airstream Cutter Moterhome

Slide Out L@@k Buyitnow

Buy It Now price: US $39,900.00

Seller running a fixed price auction. Bidders have option of making offers. According to bidding history, the seller let an offer of

$35k expire. NADA lists low retail of 21,890 and average retail of 26,370 fully loaded. Must have been difficult to pass on an

offer of 35k eh?

Hard to Find Original Airstream Jack Support Plate

Winning bid: US $105.50

Contrary to the seller's headline, these jack pads are extremely easy to find. They are still being made by Airstream and can

be purchased from their online store for $39.95.

Replacement Tail Light Covers for Vintage Airstream

Winning Bid: US $41.00

This auction was for one pair. Two bidders got in a bidding war and drove the price up to 41 bucks. The same lenses

can be purchased from Vintage Trailer Supply for $5.95 each including gasket.

1980 Airstream Trailer Camperama Townsend Vermont VT

"Payment is due in 10 days or Ebay strike process may be used."

1957 vintage airstream

"the floor is soft in spots mostly just old cheap plywood. could easily be covered with new 3/8 and be fine the roof

vents are boogered and need help"

Definitely buyer beware on eBay. a lot of sellers hope on the ignorance of the buyer and apparently do really well with their sales. I see small stuff all the time on eBay that is selling for more than what I would have to pay for it in a local store and then some tack on 20, 30 and more dollars in shipping! But there is another angle to the story. Many who have Internet service and the world of online shopping in front of them do not have a local store within 100 miles so that extra 20 bucks might be OK. research research is the key to cyberspace happiness! There are good deals to be had on eBay also. I once bought a ham radio a HT (walki talkie) that retails for over 300 dollars. Bought it for under $100 because the seller stated the battery was dead and he did not have the charger so he could not verify it still worked even though it did the last time he used it. Works perfectly. The percentage of people who get burned on eBay is very low. I did buy a radio one time from a guy who never shipped it. Turns out he was dead and someone hacked into his account. PayPal refunded my money!!!