A rare "duck"? My Mallard

SwinGenX

Hello all,

Perhaps an odd duck instead. ;) I first mentioned this little birdie in the following post found in the general forum. New Owner "New" addition to manufacturer list? Well, I finally moved forward with the purchase and have some additional pictures. See below. My family is very excited to start our adventure. For now it will stay where it sits until spring. I meant to post this in "What's your rig and where's it at?" topic. Perhaps a moderator can move? Thanks for looking.

th_2011-10-22_16-29-58_273.jpg

th_2011-10-22_MallardFront.jpg

th_2011-10-22_MallardFrontFace.jpg

th_2011-10-22_MallardRear.jpg

Edited by SwinGenX

welcome to the site, lots of info here for sure and because it's an "old duck" you will benefit over time. too bad you have to wait until spring to hit the road. what year model is it? looks longer than most, how long? engine and trans? so many different combinations on the road. so amazing that there are so many of these units still on the road, with a little help from their owners. have fun.

This is one very clean machine. I know you have a lot of work to do but when your done your going to love it. My kids say I love my campers more than them and they might be right.

Never thought I'd be having this much fun at this time in my life. I owe it all to a little Toyota Sunrader. Hope yours brings you as much joy.

LS

Hello all,

Perhaps an odd duck instead. ;) I first mentioned this little birdie in the following post found in the general forum. New Owner "New" addition to manufacturer list? Well, I finally moved forward with the purchase and have some additional pictures. See below. My family is very excited to start our adventure. For now it will stay where it sits until spring. I meant to post this in "What's your rig and where's it at?" topic. Perhaps a moderator can move? Thanks for looking.

th_2011-10-22_16-29-58_273.jpg

th_2011-10-22_MallardFront.jpg

th_2011-10-22_MallardFrontFace.jpg

th_2011-10-22_MallardRear.jpg

welcome to the site, lots of info here for sure and because it's an "old duck" you will benefit over time. too bad you have to wait until spring to hit the road. what year model is it? looks longer than most, how long? engine and trans? so many different combinations on the road. so amazing that there are so many of these units still on the road, with a little help from their owners. have fun.

I was hoping to get it out one time before the winter, but the seller had already gone to the trouble to winterize it. The chassis is an 1985, the camper is registered as an 87'. Not sure what year that makes it. ;)

I believe it measures approximately 21'. 4cyly 22RE with 4 speed auto.

This is one very clean machine. I know you have a lot of work to do but when your done your going to love it. My kids say I love my campers more than them and they might be right.

Never thought I'd be having this much fun at this time in my life. I owe it all to a little Toyota Sunrader. Hope yours brings you as much joy.

LS

Thanks Linda. Trying figure out logistics of the axle swap. I am planning to get the axle gone thru this winter. Then checking on options for the actual swap.

I am looking forward to sharing good times with my family in this camper.

• 3 years later...