Sunrader curved front replacement windows

Bryan B

Where did you get new window gasket material from? My windows are in decent shape but the gaskets are dry and shrunk.

I think he reused his but just search for selfsealing or locking weather strip.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&biw=1280&bih=634&noj=1&sclient=psy-ab&q=selfsealing+weatherstrip&oq=selfsealing+weatherstrip&gs_l=serp.3..0i13j0i13i30j0i13i5i30l2.7316.16270.1.17175.18.18.0.0.0.0.234.3059.0j14j3.17.0...0.0...1c.1.8.serp.j8zLHEWox6M

I did not need new gasket so I did not try to find new material. I did not take any pictures of the process so I am not sure what to do to help someone do their own windows. Just use the old window and take your time I tried cutting a scrap with fine tooth saber saw did not work well but the thin cutoff wheel on the grinder worked well. I used a work bench and 2 2X4s resting on the floor with notchs at top to hold a scrap of 3" ABS pipe. I attached a piece plywood to these 2X4s.Taking the broken window I got an idea of where to clamp and bend. With a couple visegrip straddle clamps I clamped the oversized plexiglass to the top of the work bench using my harbor feight heatgun applied heat slowly with pressure down on the plexiglass. Just take time trim to the size of the old window except needs to be longer each way because when you put old on top of new you do not get the exact length. I made about 1/4" longer each way did some adjusting while installing. Good luck.

Well I finally got up the courage to try making a curved window for '82 sunrader. Attached a scrap of 3" ABS pipe to end of work bench got out heat gun & went to work. I cut it with a cutoff wheel on 4" angle grinder. Went better than I had expected. I got tinted plexiglass at local glass shop $140 for 4X8 sheet. I encourage you to try it.

I did the same thing for my boat. My first effort ruined a chunk of Lexan. My second try worked out well. I did it the same way as you.

• 3 weeks later...

Is MaxxFabrication following through with the wrap around windows?

Sorry but we haven't heard from him in quite a while. I will be trying to make some myself this summer. It's either that or pay the big bucks to have them made and big bucks is something I don't really have.

Linda S

Just noticed on the other thread that your in Arnold Ca. The place that still makes the windows for these is not that far. They are still made in Napa Ca by Advantage RV

https://plus.google.com/110828838801091875269/about?gl=us&hl=en#110828838801091875269/about?gl=us&hl=en

Linda S

• 9 years later...
  • 2 months later...
On 9/27/2011 at 10:06 PM, Bryan B said:

Okay so after alot of reading and some research into it I have decided to produce replacement windows for the Sunraders curved front plexiglass.

The ones that are originally from the factory are plexiglass (or if you prefer, plexicrap) and they have no UV resistance whatsoever, and I am guessing the 375 dollar replacement ones dont either (I find it funny the owner of sunrader kept making replacement windows loooong after Sunrader has been gone, go figure)

Its a free and open market on these, no patent infingment etc. I will be making these out of Lexan (polycarbonate, Lexan is a commercial name)

I will have a breakage/cracking warranty on each window, other than an auto accident (which I doubt will break it) these are VERY break resistant, I can bend one in a circle and it will bounce back every time without cracking. BTW conveinance store bullet proof windows are made out of polycarbonate, I am not saying these are bullet proof but they wont shatter like plexicrap does, the bullet would leave a small hole only.

I will not have these available until late december, I do have the mold made and am negotiating a deal with a company to mass produce these for me (and no, they wont be anywhere close to 375 a peice) I will include both gaskets.

The window wont appear concave at any point like our factory windows do/did.

I will offer 3 tints- clear, smoke and dark.

as for now I will not discuss any pricing.

any suggestions?

Hi I am looking for the passenger side front curved window for replacement I just purchased a 1984 Sunrader please help…taylorejohnson@me.com my name is Taylor 

On 8/27/2022 at 7:50 AM, Russctr said:

If the windows were ever produced I could use a passenger side dark tint window 

Did you ever find your window I need the same one 

New windows are available from Advantage RV in Napa California.

Address: 4122 Byway E, Napa, CA 94558
Hours
Closes soon ⋅ 5PM ⋅ Opens 9AM Tue
They do not have a website, you have to call.
Expect $250 for the window and at least another $100 to ship but prices may have gone up.
Another thing you could try is a local plastics company. Search plastic fabricators near you and start calling.
Places that make boat windows are good to try. This one sounded good to me
All you can do is ask. Hopefully your window is just cracked and they have something to go by. 
Linda S