receiving hitch

Gold Wing

we live near Omaha, Nebraska and own a 1993 Dolphin that we want to add a receiving hitch to mount our bicycles. Does anyone have an idea where we could start looking for one that would fit the width needed?

• 3 weeks later...

There are universal trailer hitches which are adjustable in width. Do a google search to find a mail order supplier. I had to cut a couple of skid brackets off to have room to install the one on our 91 Winnabago Warrior. We use the hitch for either a lightweight trailer or a cargo rack depending on our plans. I barely had room to mount it so you need to make sure yours will fit with the tanks etc. back there.

We put a ladder on the back and use a ladder mounted bike rack. I think you will find that a much easier installation than the hitch and its handy for checking the AC unit, resealing leaks and so on. The ladder and rack combined will weigh less than the hitch alone and the cost will be comparable.